Tax Returns
  • What is the difference between a 1040 and a 1040EZ?
The 1040EZ is the simplest tax form, and can only be used if your income is less than $100,000 per year and is entirely from wages, salary, tips, taxable grants or unemployment compensation, and your taxable interest is not over $1,500, and if you only take the standard deductions. You cannot use a 1040EZ if you plan to claim dependents.

A 1040 allows you to itemize your deductions and declare dependents to get tax credits. Green Oak regularly prepares both forms as well as all types of other tax returns.

  • Do you do business as well as personal tax returns?
Yes – Green Oak is experienced in preparing S-Corporation returns.  Green Oak also prepares partnership returns and Schedule C's for small businesses.  We are happy to discuss the unique needs of your business with you.
  • What documentation do I need to bring to my tax return appointment with Green Oak?
We strive to make the tax process as simple and painless as possible for our clients. Generally speaking, you will need to bring proof of income (W-2’s, 1099’s, etc.) and proof of any deductions.  For a more complete list of documents needed, please contact us and we will review your situation with you and walk you through the documentation you will need.

  • What is e-filing, and do you offer it?
E-filing refers to filing your taxes online, rather than through the mail.   This is the preferred method of filing as filing taxes electronically substantially reduces errors, is less time consuming, and results in a faster refund. If you e-file and you owe the government money, you can either send a check in the mail, pay by debiting your checking or savings account, or pay with a credit card. When you send a return by mail, you must pay extra for certified mail with a return receipt if you wish to confirm that the IRS has received your return. When you e-file, the IRS notifies us by email within 48 hours to confirm that your return has been received.  Green Oak is experienced in facilitating e-filing and is authorized by the IRS to do so on behalf of its clients.

  • Aside from a yearly tax return, what other types of tax returns do you prepare?

Green Oak prepares past due tax returns, amended tax returns, non-profit tax returns, as well as estate tax returns.  Even if it's not the months leading up to April 15, Green Oak can assist you, your family or your business with your ongoing tax needs throughout the year.

Additional Services
  • What other services do you provide?
Green Oak provides many different services, ranging from helping with state and federal tax audits to Excel modeling and training. For a more complete list of Green Oak's services, please see the Services page of this website or feel free to contact us to discuss your needs and how we can help.

© 2012 Green Oak Financial Services | 617.615.6486 |